Globalization of trade has improved the lives of countless people around the world, but there are inevitable environmental costs. As a leading international freight forwarder, we believe we have a vital role to play by managing environmental risks.
Reducing our carbon footprint
- ISO 14001
- Yusen Logistics has ISO 14001 certification for warehouses and offices, primarily in Europe.
- Reducing environmental loads
- We seek to reduce environmental loads by using resources efficiently, saving energy, reducing waste. Examples include:=(photo 1)
- -A large-scale solar power generator, with 500kW output, in New Jersey USA. The electricity generated is used in the warehouse, with excess wattage sold to local power companies.
- -LED lighting is being introduced in warehouse facilities, and is already implemented in our Japanese locations.
A large-scale solar power generator, with 500kW output, in New Jersey USA.
LED lighting in our Japanese locations.
CO2 emissions calculator
- In response to increasing enquiries from customers about CO2 emissions from cargo transport, we have a publicly-available system for the calculation of CO2 emissions produced when containerships or international air freighters transport cargo.